My name is Ella Harwood, I am a British designer and DJ based in the UK, working under the name Ella Blou.
My musical/visual practice draws from my love of blue, distance and internationalism.
Prior to finishing my BA in Fashion Design, I gained valuable industry experience interning with fashion labels in London and Paris including Jacquemus, Marine Serre and Richard Malone. Since graduating from the University of Westminster in 2019, I relocated to Paris, where I worked for the German designer Lutz Huelle, whilst freelancing on various graphics and music projects.
I am now based in London, working as a part-time designer and pattern cutter.
The University of Westminster | BA Fashion Design
2015 - 2019 with Gold Scholarship Award
Kingston School of Art | Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
2014 - 2015
2012 - 2014
Dom Sebastian | Freelance Pattern Cutter
May 2021 - Ongoing
Freelance | Graphic Designer, Artworker and Fashion Designer
June 2019 - Ongoing
Lutz Huelle | Assistant Studio Coordinator | Paris
August 2019 - 2020
Skylab Radio | Host on ‘Transient Landscapes’
June 2018 - Ongoing
Marine Serre | Design Intern | Paris
March 2018 – August 2018
Jacquemus | Atelier Intern | Paris
September 2017 – March 2018
Richard Malone | Atelier Intern | London
January - February 2017
Roza Terenzi July 2019 European tour poster.
dooj Inaugural clubnight promotional T-shirt August 2019, Melbourne.
Good Marinations ‘Electrolytes’ November event poster, Hobart.
404 Eros Mix tracklist and icons, London.
Jazz ‘Spaces Within Space’ PBS radio show logo design and promotional graphics.
Roy Mills x Room II Records Hydrotech EP artwork and promotional label graphics for various online platforms.
• Skilled with in digital design programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, with good knowledge of Excel and InDesign.
• Experienced in creative drape, pattern cutting and upcycling materials.
• Strong eye for colour, fabrications and imagery, confident in material sourcing and communicating visual research.
• Experienced in digital, screen and sublimation print.
• Wide knowledge of Logic Pro, music sourcing, mixing and sequencing.
• Strong knowledge of the online digital landscape, music and image-sharing networks.
• Good standard of speaking and understanding French (7 years study and 18 months living abroad).