My name is Ella Harwood, I am a British designer and DJ based in the UK, working under the name Ella Blou.
My musical/visual practice draws from my love of blue, distance and internationalism.
Prior to finishing my BA in Fashion Design, I gained valuable industry experience interning with fashion labels in London and Paris including Jacquemus, Marine Serre and Richard Malone. Since graduating from the University of Westminster in 2019, I relocated to Paris, where I worked for the German designer Lutz Huelle, whilst freelancing on various graphics projects.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic I am now currently in the UK working from home .
The University of Westminster | BA Fashion Design
2015 - 2019 with Gold Scholarship Award
Kingston School of Art | Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
2014 - 2015
2012 - 2014
Freelance | Graphic Designer
June 2019 - Onward
Lutz Huelle | Assistant Studio Coordinator | Paris
August 2019 - 2020
Skylab Radio | Host on ‘Transient Landscapes’
June 2018 - Ongoing
Marine Serre | Design Intern | Paris
March 2018 – August 2018
Jacquemus | Atelier Intern | Paris
September 2017 – March 2018
Richard Malone | Atelier Intern | London
January - February 2017
Roza Terenzi July 2019 European tour poster.
dooj inaugural clubnight promotional T-shirt August 2019, Melbourne.
Good Marinations ‘Electrolytes’ November event poster, Hobart.
404 Eros mix tracklist and icons, London.
Jazz ‘Spaces Within Space’ PBS radio show logo design and promotional graphics.
• Skilled with in digital design programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, with good knowledge of Excel and InDesign.
• Experienced in creative drape, pattern cutting and upcycling materials.
• Strong eye for colour, fabrications and imagery, confident in material sourcing and communicating visual research.
• Experienced in digital, screen and sublimation print.
• Wide knowledge of Logic Pro, music sourcing, mixing and sequencing.
• Strong knowledge of the online digital landscape, music and image-sharing networks.
• Good standard of speaking and understanding French (7 years study and 18 months living abroad).